Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Alex Efros

Default New glibc feature caught sed in action while revdep-rebuild?

Hi!

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:12:23PM +0100, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
> On two systems I got the following messages while running revdep-rebuild.
> What should I do next?
> *** glibc detected *** sed: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x11770008 ***

I've seen that before few times (with different apps, not sure about sed).
If I remember correctly, it was fixed after full system recompile:

# backup (just in case) and cleanup PKGDIR
pkgdir=$(portageq pkgdir)
mv $pkgdir /tmp/portage-packages
install -d -o portage -g portage $pkgdir

# recompile everything in most safest way
emerge linux-headers glibc binutils gcc-config gcc &&
emerge -1 libtool &&
emerge -b glibc binutils gcc portage &&
emerge -bke system &&
emerge -ke world

--
WBR, Alex.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 04 January 2012 17:12:23 Tóth Attila wrote:
> I've just installed a new glibc, since the latest dev-lang/R now doesn't
> have any requirements about it.
>
> On two systems I got the following messages while running revdep-rebuild.
> What should I do next?

https://bugs.gentoo.org/389881
-mike

Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
"Tóth Attila"

Thanks mike!
It's definitely a sed bug, which needs new glibc and certain locales
(hu_HU.UTF-8 in my case) to get triggered. Nasty.

Dw.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057

2012.Január 6.(P) 00:53 idÅ‘pontban Mike Frysinger ezt Ã*rta: