-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   i386 uclibc stages based on 0.9.32.1, both hardened and vanilla (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/616533-i386-uclibc-stages-based-0-9-32-1-both-hardened-vanilla.html)

"Anthony G. Basile" 01-03-2012 02:53 PM

i386 uclibc stages based on 0.9.32.1, both hardened and vanilla

Hi,

I know some people were interested in this, so here it is. I've built
two stage4 tarballs (stage3 + other stuff for a full development env).
These are based on uclibc-0.9.32.1. Both are i386 but one is purely
vanilla and the other has full toolchain hardening with both PIE and
SSP. Now that uclibc supports nptl/tls its possible to do hardening in
uclibc exactly as we do on glibc. The tarballs are at

http://opensource.dyc.edu/pub/stage4-uclibc/

The overlay is a

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/hardened-dev.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/uclibc

Note: my ebuilds are not for cross compiling. You should be able to
propagate these stage4's by just updating them in place.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]