Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Sven Vermeulen

Default SELinux base policy rev 10 in hardened-dev

Hi guys,

Assuming you don't kill me for not using hexadecimal notations, rev 10 is
now out right after rev 9. Revision 10 of selinux-base-policy comes with
fixes for the following:

- <bug #389577> Fix fail2ban issues
- <bug #396331> Allow mkhomedir_helper to work
- <bug #396241> Add a bacula policy
- <no bug> Fix postfix startup issue (can't create files when started immediately in enforcing mode)
- <no bug> Dont audit unix_stream_socket stuff for sending mails

The push comes with sec-policy/selinux-bacula and sec-policy/selinux-oddjob.
Once these are in the Portage tree, the necessary dependencies will be added
as well (can't do that as long as they're not in of course).

With this push, I also brought out policycoreutils-2.1.0-r2.

I would **really** appreciated people telling me when they have upgraded
their policycoreutils package and seen anything (or nothing). The package
updates the newrole issue we had earlier (bug #375475) but also adds the
IUSE="pam audit" parameters to support bug #393401.

As long as you USE="pam" all should be okay. Dropping this will cause issues
with the current policy as applications now suddenly need access to shadow_t
and such (whereas this was previously nicely shielded off through the PAM
helpers). I don't know how to handle this case yet. I can definitely start
updating the policies so they work without PAM, but I'd first like to know
if there are people using SELinux without PAM...

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen