Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 PM
"Tóth Attila"

Default check-reqs_pkg_pretend checks /tmp in pkg_pretend() for libreoffice-3.4.4.2-r1!

I know that it's not hardened related, but I'm curious if you experienced
this problems as well.

While I try to compile recent libreoffice I got an error message about
insufficient disk space. I have a separate partition for /tmp and another
for /var/tmp as well. /tmp is 9.6Gb, /var/tmp is 14.4Gb. The free disk
space is usually lower than 9Gb in case of /tmp.

"
>>> Running pre-merge checks for app-office/libreoffice-3.4.4.2-r1
* Checking for at least 1 gibibytes RAM ... [ ok ]
* Checking for at least 9 gibibytes disk space at
"/tmp/.private/root/tmpukf53U/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.4.4.2-r1/temp"
... [ !! ]
"

As you can see it tampers with /tmp. Why?
Something has changed in the ebuild. The check-reqs_pkg_pretend function
has been moved to pkg_pretend().
The function is defined in check-reqs.eclass, where the function is
evaluated for checking memory, disk, var, usr.
If I track down the function I end up here:

"
[[ -n ${CHECKREQS_DISK_BUILD} ]] &&
check-reqs_disk
"${T}"
"${CHECKREQS_DISK_BUILD}"
"

I don't know how "${T}" is defined during or before pkg_pretend(). But the
path it has been checking is definitely incorrect. I'm using the default
temporary portage directory at /var/tmp/portage. So I don't know from
where it takes /tmp. But the compilation happens in /var/tmp/portage as it
can be expected.

Any clues on what can be a problem and to where I should report it?

Another one:
libreoffice 3.4.4.2-r1 wouldn't start with -jemalloc. It tries RWX mapping
immediately upon start, which it didn't want to do previously. The USE
flag has been recently introduced in the ebuild. Now I try to recompile it
with jemalloc. Any ideas on this?

Thanks:
Dwokfur
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-805