Old 10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
"J. Roeleveld"

Default "/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `id.mo': No such file or directory" when installing policycoreutils

Hi All,

I am following the selinux-guide Sven updated recently on a VM with a
clean install.
I started with the hardened stage 3 as recommended and am using the latest
stable hardened sources.

At step 4.2.2 (Install policies and utilities) the emerge fails with the
error:

/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `id.mo': No such file or directory

for the policycoreutils.
The failure occurs during the install step.

On Google, I found this error in a debian bugreport [1]. Has anyone run
into this yet and is there a solution to this with Gentoo?

Many thanks,

Joost

Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Sven Vermeulen

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 02:32:14PM +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> I am following the selinux-guide Sven updated recently on a VM with a
> clean install.
> I started with the hardened stage 3 as recommended and am using the latest
> stable hardened sources.
>
> At step 4.2.2 (Install policies and utilities) the emerge fails with the
> error:
>
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `id.mo': No such file or directory
>
> for the policycoreutils.
> The failure occurs during the install step.

Yes, this should be fixed in policycoreutils-2.0.82-r1 (and higher) but it
is still in ~arch. I'll see to it that it gets stabilized.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
"J. Roeleveld"

On Wed, October 19, 2011 2:35 pm, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 02:32:14PM +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
>> I am following the selinux-guide Sven updated recently on a VM with a
>> clean install.
>> I started with the hardened stage 3 as recommended and am using the
>> latest
>> stable hardened sources.
>>
>> At step 4.2.2 (Install policies and utilities) the emerge fails with the
>> error:
>>
>> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `id.mo': No such file or directory
>>
>> for the policycoreutils.
>> The failure occurs during the install step.
>
> Yes, this should be fixed in policycoreutils-2.0.82-r1 (and higher) but it
> is still in ~arch. I'll see to it that it gets stabilized.

Thanks. I'll continue my testing with "policycoreutils-2.0.82-r1".

--
Joost