Old 09-22-2011, 07:23 PM
"Tóth Attila"

Default offtopic: libpng upgrade

I've suspected, that it won't be a torch-light procession.
But reality exceeded my expectations.
Around 60 packages failed out of approx 100! I've followed the ebuild's
advice, that I leave the old library in place and revdep all packages
linked to it.
Acutally it would be better to remove the old library immediately, because
a bunch of packages still tried to use -lpng14 for linking. In those case
removing the old libs seems to help most of the time. But it will take
another day to roll over the packages.
Of course some packages will still fail. But it could spare me a day of
useless compiles failing at the end while linking if I would have removed
the old library for the first time.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057