Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Kārlis Repsons

Default Tips for upgrading to the current stable gentoo hardened?

Hi all,

I've got a machine, which hasn't been upgraded for some 2 years or less. It
has GCC-4.3.4 and now I tried to upgrade to 4.5.2, but something failed. So
I'm here to ask for the right sequence of upgrades and other actions before
it's too late...

These actions done already:
1. updated binutils,
2. updated glibc,
3. unmerged and re-emerged libtool (had a blocker),
4. tried with the new GCC, but failed with some unclear problems,
5. switched to vanilla GCC and now compile glibc...

So have I done something bad or what should I do to be sure that the upgrade
goes as smooth as possible? Thanks...