Old 05-16-2011, 12:49 AM
"Tóth Attila"

Default How openrc check the state of services?

Just switched to openrc + baselayout2.
Using grsecurity RBAC.

During the shutdown process I see endless countdowns for each service
waiting for others. It is obvious, that something prevents the rc system
to detect if a service is stopped or not.

I have to insert a rule for a binary. The question is that which binary
checks dependent services running and what it tries to do?

Anyone have a clue?

Thx:
Dw.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057

Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 AM
Sven Vermeulen

It is the /sbin/rc binary which uses the information in /lib64/rc/init.d (a tmpfs mount). The tmpfs location has directories like "started" in which symlinks exist to the files in /etc/init.d.

Wkr,
* Sven Vermeulen