-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   SELinux Policy development guide (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/517539-selinux-policy-development-guide.html)

Sven Vermeulen 04-23-2011 11:37 AM

SELinux Policy development guide

Hi all,

One of the requests from this weeks' meeting was a document covering the
SELinux development (tips and tricks, guidelines, whatever) so that
interested developers or advanced users can help us out further with the
development.

I've made a first attempt at writing such a document. It is available in
hardened-doc.git, the preview can be seen online at http://goo.gl/weI8p (if
you still notice TODOs, add "&1" or so to the URL as your browser is still
caching the document).

Comments and feedback is always appreciated.

Also, selinux-faq.xml has been updated yesterday as well, adding two more
FAQs. One is about rlpkg complaining about conflicting types, the other one
is about portage complaining about libsandbox.so not being loaded.

FAQ preview at http://goo.gl/uaaf4

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Chris Richards 04-24-2011 04:10 PM

SELinux Policy development guide

One of the requests from this weeks' meeting was a document covering the
SELinux development (tips and tricks, guidelines, whatever) so that
interested developers or advanced users can help us out further with the
development.

I've made a first attempt at writing such a document. It is available in
hardened-doc.git, the preview can be seen online at http://goo.gl/weI8p (if
you still notice TODOs, add "&1" or so to the URL as your browser is still
caching the document).

Comments and feedback is always appreciated.

Looks like a good start to me. Off hand, I can't see anything to add.

"Anthony G. Basile" 04-25-2011 10:42 AM

On 04/24/2011 12:10 PM, Chris Richards wrote:
> On 04/23/2011 06:37 AM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> One of the requests from this weeks' meeting was a document covering the
>> SELinux development (tips and tricks, guidelines, whatever) so that
>> interested developers or advanced users can help us out further with the
>> development.
>>
>> I've made a first attempt at writing such a document. It is available in
>> hardened-doc.git, the preview can be seen online at
>> http://goo.gl/weI8p (if
>> you still notice TODOs, add "&1" or so to the URL as your browser is
>> still
>> caching the document).
>>
>> Comments and feedback is always appreciated.
> Looks like a good start to me. Off hand, I can't see anything to add.
>> Also, selinux-faq.xml has been updated yesterday as well, adding two more
>> FAQs. One is about rlpkg complaining about conflicting types, the
>> other one
>> is about portage complaining about libsandbox.so not being loaded.
>>
>> FAQ preview at http://goo.gl/uaaf4
>>
>> Wkr,
>> Sven Vermeulen

An impressive amount of work! Thanks.