Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   can i help with anything? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/513500-can-i-help-anything.html)

peter harmsen 04-13-2011 05:54 AM

can i help with anything?
 
Hello,
I have installed gentoo with hardened profile and toolset.
I'm willing to help with testing or whatever non dev related stuff.

kind regards,

peter harmsen

"Anthony G. Basile" 04-13-2011 10:34 AM

can i help with anything?
 
On 04/13/2011 01:54 AM, peter harmsen wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed gentoo with hardened profile and toolset.
> I'm willing to help with testing or whatever non dev related stuff.
>
> kind regards,
>
> peter harmsen

Hi Peter,

Thanks we can always use more help. Some suggestions:

1) We often do testing interactively through IRC. Join us at
Freenode/#gentoo-hardened, if you haven't yet. If you have, ping me
(nick blueness).

2) Go through http://bugs.gentoo.org/ and search for hardened,
hardened-kernel, hardened-sources, hardened toolchain, selinux. If you
see a bug that you think you can help with, feel free to post. Help can
be as simple as just confirming/denying the bug was hit because often
people submit bugs thinking its due to hardened kernel or toolchain when
its something else --- nothing wrong with that, but we have to sort it out.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
E-Mail : blueness@gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
GnuPG ID : D0455535

"Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" 05-10-2011 02:38 AM

can i help with anything?
 
El 13/04/11 12:34, Anthony G. Basile escribió:
> On 04/13/2011 01:54 AM, peter harmsen wrote:
>> Hello,
Hi, I'm sorry for taking so long to answer.
>> I have installed gentoo with hardened profile and toolset.
>> I'm willing to help with testing or whatever non dev related stuff.
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> peter harmsen
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks we can always use more help. Some suggestions:
>
> 1) We often do testing interactively through IRC. Join us at
> Freenode/#gentoo-hardened, if you haven't yet. If you have, ping me
> (nick blueness).
>
> 2) Go through http://bugs.gentoo.org/ and search for hardened,
> hardened-kernel, hardened-sources, hardened toolchain, selinux. If you
> see a bug that you think you can help with, feel free to post. Help can
> be as simple as just confirming/denying the bug was hit because often
> people submit bugs thinking its due to hardened kernel or toolchain when
> its something else --- nothing wrong with that, but we have to sort it out.
Just add to what blueness said that any help with docs would be greatly
appreciated (as you already did, thanks for the pointers on the
grsecurity doc). To help here you can do two things, propose corrections
to docs or, if you feel a bit confident, try writting the docs. We
usually discuss new doc additions (and large changes to existing docs)
in the project meetings held weekly, so even if you think you are not a
skilled writer rest assured your hability will improve with the comments
you receive!

Regarding doc contributions (either bug fixes or new documents) you
should do them as follow:
Open a new bug in bugzilla, set it to block bug 346803
(https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=346803) as it is the bug we use
to easily track documentation issues on the project.
If you feel brave enough attach a patch (the doc sources can be gotten
by adding ?passthru=1 at the end, i.e.
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/grsecurity.xml?passthru=1 or even
better checking the overlay at
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/hardened-docs.git;a=tree
in particular the xml directory) do so, (it will make the task easier
for us). Don't forget to update the date and version labels in the doc
if you patch it.

Well little more to say. Thanks and welcome in this big family.
klondike


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.