Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Sven Vermeulen

Default SELinux and no-multilib

Hi all,

I had no issues turing a no-multilib (hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib)
system into a SELinux enabled one. I did not however change profiles, as the
feedback I've received earlier indicates that the profiles might have
some... weird things happening ;-)

So I just made local overrides in /etc/portage/profile:

- make.defaults
USE="selinux -acl"
FEATURES="selinux sesandbox sfperms"
PORTAGE_T="portage_t"
PORTAGE_FETCH_T="portage_fetch_t"
PORTAGE_SANDBOX_T="portage_sandbox_t"
- package.mask
* Unmask sec-policy/*
* Mask sec-policy/selinux-*-3 and higher (to force the use of the
2.20101213 ones)
* Unmask setools, sepolgen, checkpolicy, libselinux, libsemanage,
policycoreutils
- package.use.force
sys-apps/portage python2
- package.use.mask
sys-apps/portage python3
- profile.bashrc
SANDBOX_WRITE="${SANDBOXWRITE}:/selinux/"
SANDBOX_WRITE="${SANDBOXWRITE}:/proc/self/"
- use.force
selinux
- use.mask
-hardened
-selinux
emul-linux-x86
multilib
x264
tcc

Runs in enforcing mode (strict policy), gcc -v shows "--disable-multilib".

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
"Anthony G. Basile"

Hi Sven,

Did you identify what the wierdness was. I'd like to eventually clean
up the profiles. Rather than

[1] default/linux/amd64/10.0
[2] default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
[3] default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/gnome
[4] default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde
[5] default/linux/amd64/10.0/developer
[6] default/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
[7] default/linux/amd64/10.0/server
[8] hardened/linux/amd64
[9] hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib
[10] selinux/2007.0/amd64
[11] selinux/2007.0/amd64/hardened
[12] selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64
[13] selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/desktop
[14] selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/developer
[15] selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/hardened *
[16] selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/server

I'd like the selinux to conform to the hardened/linux/amd64, ie change
10-16 to just

selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64
selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/no-multilib

The /desktop /developer /server would not be deprecated, but present
silently as they are for hardened/linux/amd64.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology