Old 02-08-2008, 10:45 AM

Default pax, core2duo, suspicious activity

On 8 Feb 2008 at 9:10, wrote:

> 1. ok today i make kernel with your recomends, and run him for 2 days
> 2. I have this problem in two-cores processor (In one-core all works
> always normally).
> I think processor type settings maybe as a problem, but I'm not sure:-)

that's an indication that the problem is probably SMP related,
like some race condition (there's another gentoo bug that also
occured on SMP only so far but i unfortunately i couldn't reproduce
it either yet).

Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 AM

On 8 Feb 2008 at 17:36, wrote:

> Kernel with KALLSYMS work very slow
> And now, network connections work very slowly, ftp-transfer = 1.7-4.5 Mb/s,
> kernel recompilation very slowly too, 1 string in 2 seconds.

you must have changed something else as well, kernel symbols don't
affect code execution . check power management settings maybe,
they can affect CPU speed.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Алексей Лесовский

Kernel with KALLSYMS work very slow
And now, network connections work very slowly, ftp-transfer = 1.7-4.5 Mb/s,
kernel recompilation very slowly too, 1 string in 2 seconds.

Алексей Лесовский пишет:
I make kernel with CONFIG_KALLSYMS (and some settings will enabled by
defaults), and run him, but I have another problem
when I strating emerge (--sync or -pv or -f or simple emerge packet) I
got

sem_post: Invalid argument
sem_post: Invalid argument
...^C
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 6, in ?
import sys
KeyboardInterrupt

Other commands, ls, mount, mv, cp, cd, nano, for example work correctly
and apache did work slowly (pages in browser loads with some delays)