Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 PM
"Anthony G. Basile"

Default Profile hardened/linux/amd64 updated

Hi everyone,

I've now updated the amd64 profile for hardened:

hardened/linux/amd64

Please test by switching to your new profile and making sure nothing has
changed in your system and world targets.

That's it for the profile changes! All supported arches have been taken
care of. What this does for us in the long run is make it so you, the
users, don't have to manually switch from

hardened/linux/amd64/10.0

hardened/linux/amd64/11.0

when/if a new release 11.0 is ever out. We can take care of all the
profile updating behind the scene. Ideally you'll only have to use
eselect profile if you *want* to change profiles, not because you have
to as part of some updating.

As usual, please report any breakage.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Developer

Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
"Israel G. Lugo"

Thank you for the update.

I have changed profiles on several x86 and amd64 production machines and
encountered no problems.

Regards,
Israel