-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   LayerOne 2008 Call for Papers (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/45037-layerone-2008-call-papers.html)

lunaslide 02-01-2008 08:59 PM

LayerOne 2008 Call for Papers

LayerOne 2008 Information Technology Conference
Call for Papers

May 17 & 18, 2008
Los Angeles, California (Pasadena Hilton)
http://layerone.info/

The fifth annual LayerOne information technology conference is now
accepting submissions for topic and speaker selection. As always, we are
interested seeing a broad range of pertinent topics, and encourage all
submissions. Some of our past presentations have included:

- Hacking FedEx/Kinkos Smart Cards
- Anti-Forensics Techniques
- RFID Hacking
- Proximity Card Hacking
- Cryptographic Cracking Using FPGA Technology

We would love to see the same breadth and depth of submissions as we
have in previous years, so if you have an idea you’re on the fence about
- please send it in! For a complete list of past presentations, visit
our website at http://layerone.info.

Please be sure to include the following information in your submission:

- Presentation name
- A one-sentence synopsis of your topic
- A longer one to three paragraph synopsis or short outline of what you
plan on covering
- Names, email addresses and URLs of the presenter(s)
- A short (single-paragraph) biography of the presenter(s)

Once everything is ready to go, please email your submission to cfp [at]
layerone [dot] info no later than March 15, 2008. You will receive
notice no later than April 1, 2008 to let you know if your talk has been
accepted.

As we have a single presentation track, please bear in mind that
speaking slots are limited to one hour. While presenters typically
divide the hour into separate presentation and Q&A sessions, you may
structure your time however you see fit. If you think your presentation
will run longer, or have any special requirements, please include this
information in your submission and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Note: If the presentation is based upon code or a particular technique,
the presenter must be one of the developers of the code or technique and
be prepared to perform a demonstration.

We look forward to reviewing your submissions, and anticipate another
great line-up for this year’s conference. Once again, if you have any
questions about your submission, please email cfp [at] layerone [dot]
info. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,
-The LayerOne Team