Old 01-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Titus ------

Default inode_doinit_with_dentry in dmesg

I've been having some odd messages in dmesg after installing selinux, if anyone can take a look at let me know how I can fix it.

kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
Freeing unused kernel memory: 244k freed
security: 5 users, 5 roles, 888 types, 31 bools
security: 60 classes, 22305 rules
security: class memprotect not defined in policy
SELinux: Completing initialization.
SELinux: Setting up existing superblocks.
SELinux: initialized (dev sda3, type ext3), uses xattr
inode_doinit_with_dentry: context_to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda3 ino=2
SELinux: initialized (dev usbfs, type usbfs), uses genfs_contexts
audit(1200185552.492:2): policy loaded auid=4294967295
inode_doinit_with_dentry: context_to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda3 ino=5718017

It's the last 4 lines but theyget repeated quite a lot so i only posted the beginning of each one. The main one is the
inode_doinit_with_dentry: context _to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda3 ino=5718020 (i think the last nuber changes).
If you need any more info let me know.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Chris PeBenito

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 20:43 -0500, Titus ------ wrote:
> I've been having some odd messages in dmesg after installing selinux, if anyone can take a look at let me know how I can fix it.
>
> kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
> EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
> VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly.
> security: 5 users, 5 roles, 888 types, 31 bools
> security: 60 classes, 22305 rules
> security: class memprotect not defined in policy
> SELinux: Completing initialization.
> SELinux: Setting up existing superblocks.
> SELinux: initialized (dev sda3, type ext3), uses xattr
> inode_doinit_with_dentry: context_to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda3 ino=2
> SELinux: initialized (dev usbfs, type usbfs), uses genfs_contexts
> audit(1200185552.492:2): policy loaded auid=4294967295
> inode_doinit_with_dentry: context_to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda3 ino=5718017
>
> It's the last 4 lines but theyget repeated quite a lot so i only posted the beginning of each one. The main one is the
> inode_doinit_with_dentry: context _to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda3 ino=5718020 (i think the last nuber changes).
> If you need any more info let me know.

It means that there is an invalid context on the file and it needs to be
relabeled.

--
Chris PeBenito
<pebenito@gentoo.org>

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243