-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   How to set up for chrony? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/25752-how-set-up-chrony.html)

Peter Humphrey 12-31-2007 03:33 PM

How to set up for chrony?

My gateway box has gentoo-hardened on it, and I want to install chrony to
give a smoother control of time adjustments than ntp gives. But when I do,
chrony complains that it can't write its /etc/chrony.rtc file. It works
fine on another box that has standard gentoo-sources, so is a grsec control
getting in my way?

Do I have to plough through capabilities and suchlike?

--
Rgds
Peter

brant williams 12-31-2007 03:39 PM