Old 08-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Marc-André Beck

Default problem installing a cross glibc with SELinux

François Valenduc wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am trying to install a i686 cross compiler on an x86_64 host. I use
> crossdev to install it but when it want to install glibc, it fails
> with the following error:
>
> checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... no
> configure: error: SELinux explicitly required, but sufficiently recent
> SELinux library not found

Your hardened profile enforces the selinux USE-Flag, but the ebuild
explicitly requires not to use SELinux.

> Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

I simply switched the profile to compile the crosscompiler:

$ eselect profile list
# eselect profile set default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop

I know, it's not a proper solution, but at least it works.

> Furthermore, if I ever manage to install it, will it be OK to cross
> compile programs for another computer (through distcc) if SELinux is
> not installed on this other computer ?

Yep, your compiler doesn't care if you use SELinux or not. What's
important is the labeling of the binary and the enforcement of those labels.

Cheers

Marc-André