Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Ned Ludd

Default need for a small form factor embedded linux device

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 18:45 +0200, Marcus Priesch wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> how can i be sure to not get any answer to my mail ... i'm pretty sure
> you guys fiddle around with lots of nifty stuff ...
>
> it wasnt a html mail by mastake i sent, or was it
>
> ps: i write plain text mails for nearly 17 years now ... and i always
> got it pointed out ... no need for at least one single html mail ... its
> simply another ignorant non-standard idea from the "others" ... :O)
>
> greets and thanks alot for listening ... and maybe someone can give me
> some hints ...
> marcus.
>
> On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:08 +0200, Marcus Priesch wrote:
> > Hi guys (and dolls ),
> >
> > i'm in the need of a real small embedded linux device with the
> > possibility to attach a small color display - i'm thinking of a nice
> > oled display.
> >
> > it has to be even smaller than the gumstix, as it should be wrist
> > wearable
> >
> > do you know of anything that could fit here ?

Ok no inline-html. Good boy..

Well as for fitting on your wrist might be a problem as you would look
like a super-dork.. But I'm becoming rather fond recently of the
Hammer/Nail board. With the nail you can put a small tft on it. And the
vendor is extremely helpful.

http://tincantools.com/product.php?productid=16143&cat=0&page=1&featured

http://elinux.org/Nail_Board (towards the bottom of the page you can see
one with a tft)

The OLED which they said is even eaiser than dealing with a tft

http://www.femacorp.com/Products/LCD/OLED/OLED%
20Datasheets/GM9664A-OLX2NLF.pdf

As for getting smaller. The only other choice is the picotux.. But
that's useless.

And if you want to know why you are going to look like a super dork..
Just look at the size of the wrist usage cases that exist out there..

http://www.okwusa.com/products/okw/ergo.htm

If the hammer/nail fits your needs come talk to me. I'm trying to get
some small projects going around that device.

Good luck..

Old 05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Marcus Priesch

Hi Ned,

thanks for your answer, the nail board looks very promising to me, i
think when only using it, some bluetooth stuff and a nifty oled display
it should fit ... at least for a prototype ... and it should be wearable
too

thanks a lot for the links, and stay tuned, if the project starts, i
will drop you a note ... and ... maybe you will join us when we have
more than an idea ...

greetings to wherever you are

marcus.