Old 05-09-2008, 03:35 PM
wireless

Default GNAP status

Hello,

I remember some discussion on GNAP and the fact that some were
working on updating it. Does any know the current status
of the efforts to update GNAP and when possible it might
be suitable (updated) for use on i586 (K6) based hardware?

This pages seems to imply that it has not been maintained
since 2006/04/20:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml

+
Googling shows lots of discussions related to "summer of code"
under the moniker "GNAP Love" but nothing I've read talks
about when it will be update for i586 based older PCs?

curiously,
James

Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 PM

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:35:47AM -0400, wireless wrote:
> Googling shows lots of discussions related to "summer of code"
> under the moniker "GNAP Love" but nothing I've read talks
> about when it will be update for i586 based older PCs?

James,

http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/20080424-newsletter.xml

It looks like it's a summer of code project. Maybe you can email the
mentor on the project and see exactly what their plans are.

Shawn

Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 PM
wireless