Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Natanael Copa

Default Correct uclibc profile to use?

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 09:12 -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:

> When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
> about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
> It messes up archives and the likes.

yes please. that would be nice.

-nc

Old 05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Ed W

When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
It messes up archives and the likes.

I think this is a fairer option than simply moaning about it - at least
there is sensible feedback then.

Another middle option is to use an html to text convertor (demime is
one, but it munges attachments). It's fairly trivial to knock up
something better in perl though

(Personally I am happy to receive HTML email though...)

Ed W

Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Friday 23 May 2008, Ed W wrote:
> > When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
> > about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
> > It messes up archives and the likes.
>
> I think this is a fairer option than simply moaning about it - at least
> there is sensible feedback then.
>
> Another middle option is to use an html to text convertor (demime is
> one, but it munges attachments). It's fairly trivial to knock up
> something better in perl though

from what ive seen with other lists, this tends to be a messy and overhead
issue. but i'm not admining our list servers, so i cannot say for sure.

best to reject & educate i think
-mike

Old 05-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Ned Ludd

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 18:10 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2008, Ed W wrote:
> > > When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
> > > about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
> > > It messes up archives and the likes.
> >
> > I think this is a fairer option than simply moaning about it - at least
> > there is sensible feedback then.
> >
> > Another middle option is to use an html to text convertor (demime is
> > one, but it munges attachments). It's fairly trivial to knock up
> > something better in perl though
>
> from what ive seen with other lists, this tends to be a messy and overhead
> issue. but i'm not admining our list servers, so i cannot say for sure.
>
> best to reject & educate i think

No low hanging fruit that can be fixed here...
Going to have to stick with the educate method as Robin says there is no
easy way to accomplish html filtering with our list server setup.

--
Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org>