Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 AM
"Suma Sharma"

Default Building cross toolchain but installing it in a user defined folder.

Hi,
I want to build a cross compiler toolchain using the "crossdev" utility
but want the utilities to be installed in a user defined folder rather
than in "/usr".
I tried making changes to the ROOT variable, but "crossdev" does not
accept ROOT other than "/".
Also, making changes to the "PREFIX" variable in "toolchain.eclass" did
not help.
Could anybody please help me?

Regards,
Suma Sharma
KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Suma Sharma wrote:
> I want to build a cross compiler toolchain using the "crossdev" utility
> but want the utilities to be installed in a user defined folder rather
> than in "/usr".
> I tried making changes to the ROOT variable, but "crossdev" does not
> accept ROOT other than "/".
> Also, making changes to the "PREFIX" variable in "toolchain.eclass" did
> not help.
> Could anybody please help me?

there is no direct support for this. but the toolchains should all be
relocatable, so you could build a binary package and then extract them
wherever you want.
-mike