Old 04-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Jakub Ladman

Default problem crosscompiling app-shells/bash

Hi

I am trying to build gentoo system for my ipaq from scratch, but building the
minimal system fails on app-shells/bash which have probably broken autoconf
or something.

I am trying all the versions in portage tree and everytime i get only "good
old" message: "checking for C compiler default output file name... configure:
error: C compiler cannot create executables"

My cross tools are generated by crossdev and i am folowing the enbedded gentoo
handbook.

Is this known problem? Do you know what to do?

Thank you for help and for patience with my stupid english.
Sincerely yours
Jakub Ladman

Old 04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Jakub Ladman

I am sorry for disturbing you.
It is ok, i passed over a notice that SYSROOT is recomended to
be /usr/architecture same as crossdev creates.
Now it looks much better.
Jakub