Old 04-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Dave Bender

Default Emerging into SYSROOT causes packages to install in host system

Dear list,
I am attempting to cross compile x86 packages on an x86_64 host. In particular,
when I attempt to emerge baselayout-2 into my SYSROOT path, emerge wants to
emerge baselayout-2 into my host system. PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT is also set to the
SYSROOT, so I do not understand why for example, package.mask on my host system
is taken into account at all when emerge determines dependencies.
I am following the instructions in Chapter 5 of the Embedded Gentoo Handbook
to the letter and do not understand why this behaviour is occurring.

Thanks
Dave