Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
wireless

Default Install manual for Pandaboard

Hello,

I was just looking at the G embedded handbook and noticed
there is not link to the:
"Documentation about installing Gentoo on the Pandaboard"
like the other supported boards listed.

Maybe link or copy this document:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~armin76/arm/pandaboard/install.xml

Oversight? Intentional? File a bug report?

I also noticed there is no support for the
Omap 4460 version of the panda board?

Is there any interest to support the Omap 4460
dual A9 core version?

Issues with the OMap 4460 version of the pandaboard?

I'm really curious about any plans for E. Gentoo support on the
Omap 5 (ARM 15) platform ???

curiously,
James

Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Manuel Lauss

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM, wireless <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> I also noticed there is no support for the
> Omap 4460 version of the panda board?
>
> Is there any interest to support the Omap 4460
> dual A9 core version?
>
> Issues with the OMap 4460 version of the pandaboard?
>
> I'm really curious about any plans for E. Gentoo support on the
> Omap 5 (ARM 15) platform ???

C-A9 and C-A15 are implementations of ARMv7. Identical userspace
works on both. Best case, all you need are different kernels for omap4 and 5
(or the Cortex-A CPU / Board of your choice).

Manuel

Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
wireless

I'm really curious about any plans for E. Gentoo support on the
Omap 5 (ARM 15) platform ???

C-A9 and C-A15 are implementations of ARMv7. Identical userspace
works on both. Best case, all you need are different kernels for omap4 and 5
(or the Cortex-A CPU / Board of your choice).

Manuel

Yes, nicely put. I should have been a bit more specific
as my interest is in finding an existing
A-15 hardware dev board?

Preferable one (A-15) that others on this list are
planning on acquiring?

James

Old 04-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Manuel Lauss

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM, wireless <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> On 04/23/12 10:10, Manuel Lauss wrote:
>
>>> I'm really curious about any plans for E. Gentoo support on the
>>> Omap 5 (ARM 15) platform ???
>>

>> C-A9 and C-A15 are implementations of ARMv7. *Identical userspace
>> works on both. *Best case, all you need are different kernels for omap4
>> and 5
>> (or the Cortex-A CPU / Board of your choice).
>>
>> Manuel
>

> Yes, nicely put. I should have been a bit more specific
> as my interest is in finding an existing
> A-15 hardware dev board?
>
> Preferable one (A-15) that others on this list are
> planning on acquiring?

Do you know of any (not too expensive ones) ?
I recently acquired a CuBox, but that's an "older" core generation

Manuel