Old 02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Ed W

Default tar-1.26 not unpacking archives with symlinks?

Hi, I'm hitting an error when trying to unpack archives with the
recently unmasked tar-1.26. Basically any symlinks in the archive
trigger an "unknown file" error. This prevents me using emerge -k
amongst other things

I only see this on uclibc-0.9.33 based system, not on the build host
which uses glibc amd64

Can anyone else repro this and shed any light on what the problem might
be? Problem in tar or uclibc?

Thanks

Ed W

Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 29 February 2012 12:33:02 Ed W wrote:
> Hi, I'm hitting an error when trying to unpack archives with the
> recently unmasked tar-1.26. Basically any symlinks in the archive
> trigger an "unknown file" error. This prevents me using emerge -k
> amongst other things
>
> I only see this on uclibc-0.9.33 based system, not on the build host
> which uses glibc amd64
>
> Can anyone else repro this and shed any light on what the problem might
> be? Problem in tar or uclibc?

fchmodat() is a syscall that takes 3 args. uClibc was providing a stub that
treated it as 4. i fixed things up, so if you want to try with the fix i just
committed, that'd be nice ...
-mike

Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Ed W

Hi, I'm hitting an error when trying to unpack archives with the
recently unmasked tar-1.26. Basically any symlinks in the archive
trigger an "unknown file" error. This prevents me using emerge -k
amongst other things

I only see this on uclibc-0.9.33 based system, not on the build host
which uses glibc amd64

Can anyone else repro this and shed any light on what the problem might
be? Problem in tar or uclibc?

fchmodat() is a syscall that takes 3 args. uClibc was providing a stub that
treated it as 4. i fixed things up, so if you want to try with the fix i just
committed, that'd be nice ...
-mike

Excellent - many thanks

Out of the country at present - will verify on my return

Again many thanks

Ed W