-   -   gdb debugging of small system built with catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/613790-gdb-debugging-small-system-built-catalyst.html)

Kfir Lavi 12-25-2011 08:20 AM

gdb debugging of small system built with catalyst

Hi,
I have few directories each contains C++ code, and is mapped to a local private ebuild.
So I need to install few projects that depend on each other.
On the target machine I have gdbserver running.

When connecting to gdbserver, the links to the sources is /var/tmp/.../../file.cpp.
My problem is that I need to debug all programs together, and the sources are in catalyst's tmp working directory.
I can use 'directory' command in gdb to change the search path of the source files, but doing it to few projects is cumbersome.

I can compile the source with -g3 and embed the sources there, but didn't try that as I heard it is unstable.
At the end I need to provide a way to allow programmers to use Eclipse with all the directories sources to debug all projects at once.

Is there other method to do this and integrate it to Eclipse?
For start no need for eclipse, I need to debug from the command line or vim.
Regards,
Kfir

Mike Frysinger 12-31-2011 08:20 PM

gdb debugging of small system built with catalyst

FEATURES=installsources would probably get what you need by normalizing all
source trees into /usr/src/debug/.
-mike

Kfir Lavi 01-02-2012 08:09 AM

gdb debugging of small system built with catalyst