Old 12-20-2011, 03:33 AM
David Relson

Default msp4300 toolchain

G'day,

I'd like to do some development with TI's msp430 processors. As a
starting point I've got the TI LaunchPad which has an msp430g2231.

As best I can tell, there seem to be 3 paths to a toolchain:
1 - crossdev - with an appropriate tuple, for example
a - "crossdev -t msp430"
b - "crossdev -t msp430-none-none-uclibc"
2 - portage to emerge dev-embedded/msp430*
3 - sourceforge's mspgcc project

I could go into the difficulties I've encountered with each of the
above, but I don't want to overload this message and bore everyone.

So the questions are:

Is anybody on this list doing msp430 development/experimentation? Has
one of the above paths been found to work? If so, which one?

Thank you.

David

Tue Dec 20 07:30:02 2011