Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Peter Stuge

Default Installing gentoo on Soekris Net4801 - not booting

Jean-Marc Beaune wrote:
> Via the serial port I can see grub booting:
> "GRUB Loading stage1.5.
>

> GRUB loading, please wait..."
>
> Then nothing else but a blinking cursor.
>
> Any idea how I can debug that?

Check that your kernel is speaking on the serial port.

I for one have had annoying trouble with GRUB on two instances, and
then I went back to using LILO as I have always, and it continues to
always just work, also with 3TB GPT drives in an old server..

//Peter