Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Christopher Friedt

Default manually creating manifests with RESTRICT="fetch"

I'm trying to create a couple of ebuilds (for embedded devices) where
the files from SRC_URI must be manually downloaded after accepting the
conditions of a license.

Even after I've downloaded the files, to DISTDIR
(/usr/portage/distfiles), ensuring that they are entered in my SRC_URI
variable, with the RESTRICT=fetch keyword, I'm unable to generate
manifests for the files using "ebuild A/B/B.ebuild digest" because it
tries to fetch the files anyway.

Is there any way to generate the manifest file using 'ebuild' so that
it will just read the files from my DISTDIR rather than trying to
fetch them?

The "--force" option does not help, nor does the
FEATURES="assume-digest" or FEATURES="digest".

"arm*-emerge --version" is

Portage 2.1.9.42 (default/linux/arm/10.0, gcc-4.4.5, unavailable, 3.0.0 x86_64

Cheers,

Chris

Old 08-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Christopher Friedt

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Christopher Friedt
<chrisfriedt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to generate the manifest file using 'ebuild' so that
> it will just read the files from my DISTDIR rather than trying to
> fetch them?

Got it...

FETCHCOMMAND="echo" ebuild A/B/B.ebuild digest