Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Christopher Harvey

Default mentor request

Hi,

I'm looking for a mentor so I can become a gentoo developer.

I've been using gentoo for about 7 years as my main OS. I'm also a Linux
developer as my day job, and a past GSoC student. I'm sitting on a bunch
of ebuilds and ebuild fixes, it's a bit annoying to have to wait for
developers to make changes I need, in fact I mostly don't bother. Right
now I want to add LTTNG support to Gentoo and I'm willing to maintain
it. After that I will probably want to help out with crossdev and Gentoo
embedded.

I think the transition from user to developer will be pretty easy for me
and I could have done it a long time ago.

I've contacted the gentoo recruiting team and was told to look here
since I was mostly interested in embedded.

thanks.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Saturday, July 30, 2011 05:59:47 Christopher Harvey wrote:
> I'm looking for a mentor so I can become a gentoo developer.

has anyone followed up yet ?
-mike

Old 08-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Christopher Harvey

I'm looking for a mentor so I can become a gentoo developer.

has anyone followed up yet ?
-mike

Yes, Markos Chandras.