FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Embedded

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 AM
"Dennis.Yxun"
 
Default Bumping ebuilds

Hi Ed W:
* I'm not gentoo dev, and actually not uClibc guy ;-)
But I do suggest you file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org
* so people who see may help

Dennis


On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com> wrote:

Hi folks



I'm using gentoo for some "embedded" (actually probably "small" is a

better phrase) builds and have ended up hacking around a number of

ebuilds, uclibc probably being the most interesting one



Does some developer have time to help get some of these updates pushed

through? *I can help with the basic ebuild updates, but I need someone

with inside knowledge to help guide how we handle some of the patching

issues?



Who is the uclibc maintainer right now?



(FWIW: uclibc 0.9.32 is a massive improvement over what is in portage

right now. Almost everything compiles out of the box and I even seem to

have iconv/locales support working from uclibc...)



Thanks



Ed W
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Ed W
 
Default Bumping ebuilds

On 07/07/2011 09:30, Dennis.Yxun wrote:
> Hi Ed W:
> I'm not gentoo dev, and actually not uClibc guy ;-)
> But I do suggest you file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org
> so people who see may help

There are lots of open bugs there. The appeal is to find developers who
can commit the fixes?

Ed W
 
Old 07-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Peter Volkov
 
Default Bumping ebuilds

В Срд, 13/07/2011 в 11:55 +0100, Ed W пишет:
> On 07/07/2011 09:30, Dennis.Yxun wrote:
> > Hi Ed W:
> > I'm not gentoo dev, and actually not uClibc guy ;-)
> > But I do suggest you file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org
> > so people who see may help
>
> There are lots of open bugs there. The appeal is to find developers who
> can commit the fixes?

There is possibility to maintain packages via proxy-maintaining[1]. As
for uClibc I can help you as a proxy, although it'll take some time for
me to review changes you wish to have in the tree.

[1] http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/ProxyMaintainer

--
Peter
 
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Ed W
 
Default Bumping ebuilds

On 24/07/2011 12:05, Peter Volkov wrote:
> В Срд, 13/07/2011 в 11:55 +0100, Ed W пишет:
>> On 07/07/2011 09:30, Dennis.Yxun wrote:
>>> Hi Ed W:
>>> I'm not gentoo dev, and actually not uClibc guy ;-)
>>> But I do suggest you file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org
>>> so people who see may help
>>
>> There are lots of open bugs there. The appeal is to find developers who
>> can commit the fixes?
>
> There is possibility to maintain packages via proxy-maintaining[1]. As
> for uClibc I can help you as a proxy, although it'll take some time for
> me to review changes you wish to have in the tree.
>
> [1] http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/ProxyMaintainer

Sure - I don't really have time to act as a gentoo developer at present,
but that also seems true of a lot of the -embedded dev team. I'm making
a bunch of local ebuilds and it would be useful to feed those upstream
and try and get them into the main tree as quickly as possible.

For sure I can feed bugzilla, but there are plenty of bugs there already
- closing them is the issue, not opening more...

I'm using uclibc, slightly newer than latest release. Actually with
this I see VERY few problems with other ebuilds and my local patch tree
has shrunk to near zero. Pushing that out to tree would be highly
desirable, but I only have x86 to test with - we need some non x86
testers to prove things

Note that uclibc feel that they release infrequently enough that every
release should be considered stable and no one should be lagging the
latest release.

How can we make this happen?

Ed W
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org