Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Christopher Harvey

Default resetting /usr// filesystem

I've been using the <target>-emerge wrapper, and installed some
packages that worked out great. Now I want to try a different set of
packages. Is there a way to start over with a clean /usr/<target>
directory without asking crossdev to re-install everything?

I'm wishing I had made a zip of the clean folder.

thanks.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Friday, May 27, 2011 11:47:58 Christopher Harvey wrote:
> I've been using the <target>-emerge wrapper, and installed some
> packages that worked out great. Now I want to try a different set of
> packages. Is there a way to start over with a clean /usr/<target>
> directory without asking crossdev to re-install everything?

you could use `emerge -C` on the packages you installed. or nuke the whole
tree and emerge only the cross-compiler packages with -K (assuming you built
binpkgs). otherwise, your only option is `crossdev -C foo && crossdev foo`.
-mike