Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Peter Stuge

Default gcc-4.6 / bionic

Christopher Friedt wrote:
> I just set up a new vmware image runing gentoo (i686) and didn't run
> into any of the illegal instruction issues that you mentioned.

I'll send you my kernel. I ran on a Thinkpad X40, Pentium-M.

//Peter

Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Christopher Friedt

I'm almost inclined to think it's an ISA issue, but I guess it's
impossible to know where a SIGILL is coming from until it's run
through gdb.

I don't actually have gdb up and running yet, unfortunately, but
that's the route I would take. I believe they both use a version of
libiberty that needs to be patched, and I could probably recycle some
of the same patches I used for gcc-4.6.

I'll keep you informed.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Christopher Friedt

Just in case anyone is interested, I just put up an
arm-softfloat-linux-bioniceabi toolchain that I've had lying around
for a while.

I've only tested it for very simple ebuilds, so if it grows 1000 feet
tall, breathes fire, and destroys your city, I take no responsibility.

http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-bionic/downloads/list