Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Jean-Marc Beaune

Default BridgeCo DM830-CQL

Hi,
I'd like to use embedded linux and upload it on this board:�https://picasaweb.google.com/jm.beaune/BridgeCO#5587773209750064082

This device is a Philips WAK3300 alarm clock running Linux but it's quite bad as an alarm clock so I'd like to convert it for hobby hacking.

Proc: BridgeCO DM830-CQLMem: Spansion S29GL064M90Ethernet: Realtek RTL8201CPWireless: Broadcom BCM4318
There are some soldering points on the bottom right area that looks like serial interface but that has to be tested.

Do you think it's possible to use Gentoo-embedded to install Linux on this device?
I couldn't manage to get a device to test embedded Linux untill now, I hope I'll be able to make it with this one.

Thank you--
Jean-Marc

P.S: I already posted on this list to ask same kind of question but never had the correct hardware to test embedded Linux, sorry for posting again.