Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
wireless

Default SPI & ARM9

Hello,

I've just been reading about the SPI support in the 2.6.24 kernel:

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_24

Here is some introductory background on SPI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Peripheral_Interface_Bus

Does anyone have a testbed where the processor on their embedded board
is using the SPI port?

Has anyone use a 2.6.24 kernel to utilize the new SPI support to
communicate with any other hardware?

Any examples are appreciated.

James

Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Friday 08 February 2008, wireless wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just been reading about the SPI support in the 2.6.24 kernel:
>
> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_24
>
> Here is some introductory background on SPI:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Peripheral_Interface_Bus
>

> Does anyone have a testbed where the processor on their embedded board
> is using the SPI port?
>

> Has anyone use a 2.6.24 kernel to utilize the new SPI support to
> communicate with any other hardware?
>

> Any examples are appreciated.

you'd probably get better results asking on the arm kernel mailing list

i use the common SPI framework on the Blackfin processor all the time to talk
to a variety of devices
-mike

Old 02-13-2008, 04:21 PM
wireless

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2008, wireless wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just been reading about the SPI support in the 2.6.24 kernel:
>> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_24

>> Does anyone have a testbed where the processor on their embedded board
>> is using the SPI port?
>> Has anyone use a 2.6.24 kernel to utilize the new SPI support to
>> communicate with any other hardware?
>> Any examples are appreciated.
>
> you'd probably get better results asking on the arm kernel mailing list

Do you know the url or a link for the arm kernel mailing list?
All I seem to find is the 'arm linux' lists....

> -mike

James

Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Jason

wireless wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Friday 08 February 2008, wireless wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've just been reading about the SPI support in the 2.6.24 kernel:
>>> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_24
>
>>> Does anyone have a testbed where the processor on their embedded board
>>> is using the SPI port?
>>> Has anyone use a 2.6.24 kernel to utilize the new SPI support to
>>> communicate with any other hardware?
>>> Any examples are appreciated.
>> you'd probably get better results asking on the arm kernel mailing list
>

> Do you know the url or a link for the arm kernel mailing list?
> All I seem to find is the 'arm linux' lists....

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-arm

hth,

Jason.