Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Kfir Lavi

Default Why we are so few people here on this list?

Hi all,
I want to understand something.
I have used gentoo embedded few years ago, and came back now for second time.
It seems as a very good system for embedded.
So why there are so few people lurking here in the mailing list.

I just don't get it. Isn't Gentoo one of the best embedded solutions?

Regards,
Kfir

Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Peter Stuge

Kfir Lavi wrote:
> I want to understand something.
> I have used gentoo embedded few years ago, and came back now for
> second time.
> It seems as a very good system for embedded.
> So why there are so few people lurking here in the mailing list.

No idea.

> I just don't get it. Isn't Gentoo one of the best embedded solutions?

I think so, which is why I stay.

I guess others don't and move away..

//Peter

Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Angelo Arrifano

On 07-01-2011 19:14, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to understand something.
> I have used gentoo embedded few years ago, and came back now for second
> time.
> It seems as a very good system for embedded.
> So why there are so few people lurking here in the mailing list.
> I just don't get it. Isn't Gentoo one of the best embedded solutions?

I don't think mailing list activity is a good "embedded solution
quality" metric.
Anyway, if you are looking for opinions and other people's feedback, I
highly encourage you too join the embedded team at #gentoo-embedded @
freenode.net

> Regards,
> Kfir

Regards,
Ângelo

Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Kfir Lavi

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Angelo Arrifano <miknix@gentoo.org> wrote:

On 07-01-2011 19:14, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> Hi all,

> I want to understand something.

> I have used gentoo embedded few years ago, and came back now for second

> time.

> It seems as a very good system for embedded.

> So why there are so few people lurking here in the mailing list.

> I just don't get it. Isn't Gentoo one of the best embedded solutions?

I don't think mailing list activity is a good "embedded solution

quality" metric.

Anyway, if you are looking for opinions and other people's feedback, I

highly encourage you too join the embedded team at #gentoo-embedded @

freenode.net

> Regards,

> Kfir

Regards,

Ângelo

Thanks,
I'm constantly there. My nick is kipibenkipod ;-)

Regards,
Kfir