Old 12-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Kfir Lavi

Default include dir in embedded system

Hi,
After installing ACE on the target, I see that include dir takes a lot of space:
(build host chroot) goofy usr # du -sh *
8.7M*** include
2.5M*** lib
72K**** share

This is just for the ACE package.

Is it safe to delete /usr/include in a target machine, where there will not be any compilations?

Regards,
Kfir

Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Arkadi Shishlov

On 12/12/10 17:03, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Is it safe to delete /usr/include in a target machine, where there will not be
> any compilations?

Sure, yes.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Manuel Lauss

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> After installing ACE on the target, I see that include dir takes a lot of
> space:
> (build host chroot) goofy usr # du -sh *
> 8.7M*** include
> 2.5M*** lib
> 72K**** share
>
> This is just for the ACE package.
> Is it safe to delete /usr/include in a target machine, where there will not
> be any compilations?

It's safe. Additionally, you can also eliminate all *.a and *.la files in lib/.

-- mano

Old 12-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Peter Stuge

Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Is it safe to delete /usr/include in a target machine, where there
> will not be any compilations?

yes