Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Kfir Lavi

Default i18n and zoneinfo

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
>> i686-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge -C timezone-data
>> will remove the zoneinfo dir, but is it safe?
>
> if you dont ever plan on supporting timezone info other than the one
> copied to /etc/localtime, then it's probably safe
>
>> Is there a way to remove i18n under portage, or I need to delete it by hand?
>>
>> I would like to have the proper way using make.conf
>
> use INSTALL_MASK
> -mike

Thanks Mike,
I solved it like this:
For timezone-data:
echo "sys-libs/timezone-data" >>
/usr/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/etc/portage/package.mask
This will prevent this package from installing.
/etc/localtime==/usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory
I don't know what Factory means, but its ok for now.

For the i18n:
I have added those lines to make.conf:
INSTALL_MASK="/usr/share/i18n"
PKG_INSTALL_MASK="$INSTALL_MASK"

Regards,
Kfir

Old 10-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Peter Stuge

Kfir Lavi wrote:
> /etc/localtime==/usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory
> I don't know what Factory means, but its ok for now.

How can you determine if it is ok when you don't know what it means?

Really.

//Peter

Old 10-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Kfir Lavi

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:
> Kfir Lavi wrote:
>> /etc/localtime==/usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory
>> I don't know what Factory means, but its ok for now.
>
> How can you determine if it is ok when you don't know what it means?
>
> Really.
>

> //Peter

Because I don't care about the clock yet.
I will when everything compiles and basically I have a root filesystem
that boots.
After that I need to consider having all the locals, or just one local
that will serve the purpose of the machine.

Kfir