-   -   i18n and zoneinfo (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/445330-i18n-zoneinfo.html)

Kfir Lavi 10-28-2010 04:27 PM

i18n and zoneinfo

Hi,
/usr/share/{i18n,zoneinfo} grab 16MB together.
I tried to install stuff with -nls use flag, but it didn't help.

i686-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge -C timezone-data
will remove the zoneinfo dir, but is it safe?

Is there a way to remove i18n under portage, or I need to delete it by hand?

I would like to have the proper way using make.conf

Regards,
Kfir

Mike Frysinger 10-28-2010 05:39 PM

i18n and zoneinfo

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> i686-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge -C timezone-data
> will remove the zoneinfo dir, but is it safe?

if you dont ever plan on supporting timezone info other than the one
copied to /etc/localtime, then it's probably safe

> Is there a way to remove i18n under portage, or I need to delete it by hand?
>
> I would like to have the proper way using make.conf

use INSTALL_MASK
-mike