-   -   Gentoo embedded handbook - wrappers (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/445240-gentoo-embedded-handbook-wrappers.html)

Kfir Lavi 10-28-2010 12:44 PM

Gentoo embedded handbook - wrappers

Hi,
I have read the handbook and it seems to me that the section
"3.c. Intro: crossdev's wrappers" in the book
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml?part=1&chap=3
Is a bit obsolete.

Note: Before beginning any cross-emerge, you'll need to run
emerge-wrapper --init. Be sure to follow any instructions printed by
emerge-wrapper before beginning your cross-emerge.

To my understanding there is no emerge-wrapper anymore.

Regards,
Kfir

Sven Rebhan 11-01-2010 09:21 AM

Gentoo embedded handbook - wrappers

emerge-wrapper still exists and is used, so I think your understanding
is wrong. ;-)

Regards,

Sven

Kfir Lavi 11-03-2010 09:27 AM

Gentoo embedded handbook - wrappers

I don't know why, but I didn't have this emerge-wrappers. Now I do have it, and I ran emerge-wrapper --init before the compilation.
Why it is needed and what does it do?

What will happen if I compile stuff for the target without running emerge-wrapper?