Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Embedded (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/)
-   -   The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/444966-ebuild-phase-install-has-exited-unexpectedly.html)

Kfir Lavi 10-27-2010 07:21 PM

The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly
 
Hi all,
I have followed the Gentoo emebedded handbook to create i686-unknown-linux-gnu
First I have created a chroot envrironment stage3 and ran update
to create it I did:
crossdev -S -P -v -t --target i686-unknown-linux-gnu


Now I tried to emerge with
i686-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge -av busybox

I tried to install bash, ncurses, but the output is the same.
Every package I try to emerge, when the compilation finished, I get this:

>>> Failed to emerge sys-apps/busybox-1.17.1-r1 for /usr/my.chost/, Log file:

>>>* '/usr/my.chost/tmp/portage/sys-apps/busybox-1.17.1-r1/temp/build.log'
* ./_install/sbin/ubiattach -> ../bin/busybox

* ./_install/sbin/ubidetach -> ../bin/busybox
* ./_install/sbin/udhcpc -> ../bin/busybox
* ./_install/sbin/udhcpd -> ../bin/busybox
* ./_install/sbin/vconfig -> ../bin/busybox
* ./_install/sbin/watchdog -> ../bin/busybox

* ./_install/sbin/zcip -> ../bin/busybox


--------------------------------------------------
You will probably need to make your busybox binary
setuid root to ensure all configured applets will
work properly.

--------------------------------------------------

>>> Completed installing busybox-1.17.1-r1 into /usr/my.chost/tmp/portage/sys-apps/busybox-1.17.1-r1/image/


* Wrong EM_TYPE. Expected EM_X86

EM_386 ./bin/bb
EM_386 ./bin/busybox

** Messages for package sys-apps/busybox-1.17.1-r1 merged to /usr/my.chost/:

** Could not locate user configfile, so we will save a default one
** Your configuration for sys-apps/busybox-1.17.1-r1 has been saved in

** /etc/portage/savedconfig/sys-apps/busybox-1.17.1-r1 for your editing pleasure.
** You can edit these files by hand and remerge this package with
** USE=savedconfig to customise the configuration.
** You can rename this file/directory to one of the following for

** its configuration to apply to multiple versions:
** ${PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT}/etc/portage/savedconfig/
** [${CTARGET}|${CHOST}|""]/${CATEGORY}/[${PF}|${P}|${PN}]
** The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly. This type of

** behavior is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable
** assignments (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313).
** Normally, before exiting, bash should have displayed an error message

** above. If bash did not produce an error message above, it's possible
** that the ebuild has called `exit` when it should have called `die`
** instead. This behavior may also be triggered by a corrupt bash binary or

** a hardware problem such as memory or cpu malfunction. If the problem is
** not reproducible or it appears to occur randomly, then it is likely to
** be triggered by a hardware problem. If you suspect a hardware problem

** then you should try some basic hardware diagnostics such as memtest.
** Please do not report this as a bug unless it is consistently
** reproducible and you are sure that your bash binary and hardware are
** functioning properly.


I did play with the CHOST but this was not the problem.

What should I check?

Regards,
Kfir

Mike Frysinger 10-28-2010 01:45 AM

The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly
 
On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 15:21:02 Kfir Lavi wrote:
> * Wrong EM_TYPE. Expected EM_X86
> EM_386 ./bin/bb
> EM_386 ./bin/busybox

edit E_MACHINE in your /usr/$CTARGET/etc/make.conf
-mike

Mike Frysinger 10-28-2010 04:15 AM

The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly
 
On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 21:45:03 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 15:21:02 Kfir Lavi wrote:
> > * Wrong EM_TYPE. Expected EM_X86
> > EM_386 ./bin/bb
> > EM_386 ./bin/busybox
>
> edit E_MACHINE in your /usr/$CTARGET/etc/make.conf

ive fixed this in git:
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/crossdev.git;a=commitdiff;h=70b4fc772af4ddf78819fd 84eb95211c3aee5be5
-mike

Kfir Lavi 10-28-2010 09:13 AM

The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly
 
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:

On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 21:45:03 Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 15:21:02 Kfir Lavi wrote:

> > * Wrong EM_TYPE. Expected EM_X86

> > EM_386 ./bin/bb

> > EM_386 ./bin/busybox

>

> edit E_MACHINE in your /usr/$CTARGET/etc/make.conf



ive fixed this in git:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/crossdev.git;a=commitdiff;h=70b4fc772af4ddf78819fd 84eb95211c3aee5be5


-mike

Thanks Mike thats worked for me.
What is the procedure to propagate this patch to my system using emerge?
I'm currently running crossdev version (~)20101011, which is the latest.


Or in other words: how do I test the git version using portage.

Regards,
Kfir

Mike Frysinger 10-28-2010 05:38 PM

The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly
 
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> What is the procedure to propagate this patch to my system using emerge?
> I'm currently running crossdev version (~)20101011, which is the latest.
> Or in other words: how do I test the git version using portage.

the change only affects the first `crossdev` execution for a target.
just fix your make.conf by hand now.
-mike


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.