Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Mike Frysinger

Default Which ARM Overlay to use ?

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Thomas Drueke wrote:
> In case the overlay is stalled what alternate method are there to get
> Gentoo running on ARM architecture ?

the main tree works just fine for ARM in general. ive never had to
use an overlay myself. i have no idea why these things exist in the
first place.
-mike

Old 10-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Jan Kobler

Hi,

I have used the embedded-cross overlay. I have described my experiences
with it in
http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/cross-compiling-chroot, but I
don't have an openmoko.

I am preparing a similar tutorial for an ARM11 board, which I have. I am
still using the embedded-cross overlay. The linux kernel and the root
file system are working there.

It is easy to try it without overlay.

Best regards

Jan