Old 10-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Joakim Tjernlund

Default crossdev improvements

Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/08 11:01:57:

> On Friday, September 24, 2010 12:01:21 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > - make crossdev respect PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT. We use our own portage
> > tree for our pkgs, including the compiler, as we want to be able
> > to recreate/rebuild the same sw versions in the future.

Forgot to mention, I get this all the time now:

* crossdev version: @CDEVPV@
* Host Portage ARCH: x86
* Target Portage ARCH: ppc
* Target System: powerpc-native_softfloat-linux-gnu
* Stage: 3 (C compiler & libc)

* binutils: binutils-2.20.1-r1
* gcc: gcc-4.4.4-r2
* headers: linux-headers-2.6.30-r1
* libc: glibc-2.11.2

* PORTDIR_OVERLAY: /usr/local/portage/transmode
* PORT_LOGDIR: /var/log/portage
_ - ~ - _ - ~ - _ - ~ - _ - ~ - _ - ~ - _ - ~ - _ -
/usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 283: KV_to_int: command not found
/usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 283: KV_to_int: command not found
/usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 285: KV_to_int: command not found
/usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 285: KV_to_int: command not found
* Forcing the latest versions of {binutils,gcc}-config/gnuconfig ...

Something appears broken in latest crossdev.

Jocke

Old 10-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Joakim Tjernlund

Joakim Tjernlund/Transmode wrote on 2010/10/08 11:45:12:

> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/08 11:01:57:
> >
> > On Friday, September 24, 2010 12:01:21 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > - make crossdev respect PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT. We use our own portage
> > > tree for our pkgs, including the compiler, as we want to be able
> > > to recreate/rebuild the same sw versions in the future.
> >
> > try this:

> My mail client trashed it, can you sent it as an attachment?

I hand applied it and crossdev still works fine. I don't have a PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT
handy but at least it works as it used to.

Jocke

Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Friday, October 08, 2010 06:14:48 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> - /usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 283: KV_to_int:
> command not found
>
> Something appears broken in latest crossdev.

as noted in your other thread, this has nothing to do with crossdev
-mike

Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Friday, October 08, 2010 08:40:13 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Joakim Tjernlund/Transmode wrote on 2010/10/08 11:45:12:
> > Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/08 11:01:57:

> > > try this:
> >
> > My mail client trashed it, can you sent it as an attachment?
>
> I hand applied it and crossdev still works fine. I don't have a
> PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT handy but at least it works as it used to.

thanks. ive applied & pushed it.
-mike

Old 10-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Joakim Tjernlund

Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/10 00:15:28:

> On Friday, October 08, 2010 06:14:48 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > - /usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 283: KV_to_int:
> > command not found
> >
> > Something appears broken in latest crossdev.
>
> as noted in your other thread, this has nothing to do with crossdev

OK, I didn't quite understand that. Then this is a pure portage problem
I guess

Jocke

Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Sunday, October 10, 2010 03:30:52 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/10 00:15:28:
> > On Friday, October 08, 2010 06:14:48 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > - /usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 283: KV_to_int:
> > > command not found
> > >
> > > Something appears broken in latest crossdev.
> >
> > as noted in your other thread, this has nothing to do with crossdev
>
> OK, I didn't quite understand that. Then this is a pure portage problem
> I guess

sorry, i was wrong. it's an issue between emerge-wrapper sourcing the
eclasses to use tc-arch. but only for powerpc targets as its code in
toolchain-funcs.eclass is overly complicated.

i'll clean up the code in the eclass and it should fix these harmless
warnings.
-mike