-   -   STL, gcc-3.x vs gcc-4.x (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/40163-stl-gcc-3-x-vs-gcc-4-x.html)

Jean-Claude Gervais 01-17-2008 06:31 PM

STL, gcc-3.x vs gcc-4.x

Hello,

This may not be the appropriate forum for my question but I expect many
of you may have struggled with the same problem:

I have some c++ code that uses (some of) the Standard Template Library
that I am trying to get compiled on an ARM embedded platform.

The code, specifically the class in question is basically derived from
the STL vector class. It is very simple.

But it appears that gcc 3.x can't compile it because some types are
missing. Is this correct? Does anyone out there have any knowledge of
this?

I tried compiling gcc 4.x instead but I am getting vfp-inconsistency
errors between uclibc and gcc, so no luck there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Karl Hiramoto 01-17-2008 07:05 PM

STL, gcc-3.x vs gcc-4.x

Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:

Hello,

This may not be the appropriate forum for my question but I expect many
of you may have struggled with the same problem:

I have some c++ code that uses (some of) the Standard Template Library
that I am trying to get compiled on an ARM embedded platform.

The code, specifically the class in question is basically derived from
the STL vector class. It is very simple.

But it appears that gcc 3.x can't compile it because some types are
missing. Is this correct? Does anyone out there have any knowledge of
this?

I tried compiling gcc 4.x instead but I am getting vfp-inconsistency
errors between uclibc and gcc, so no luck there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you using uclibc or glibc? uclibc does not have c++ libs. there
is uclibc++ though. http://cxx.uclibc.org/

I have used uclibc++ for some basic stuff and seems to work.

-- karl