-   -   looking for a embedded platform with extended temperature range (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/364085-looking-embedded-platform-extended-temperature-range.html)

Juha Ristimäki 04-30-2010 09:34 AM

On 28 April 2010 23:45, Marcus Priesch <marcus@priesch.priv.at> wrote:
> i am looking for a small embedded board with extended temperature range
> - ideal from -20 to +60 degrees celsius - i know "extended" is far more,
> but for my project it's sufficient to have -20 to +60 ... it will be
> installed outdoors in the wild - here in austria ;)
>
> and the second one could be any embedded device with usb (host),
> ethernet, hw watchdog and the possibility to run python code ... ;)

You could check the IGEPv2 (https://igep-platform.com/), an ARM based
development board. The company claims that it would work in
temperature range from -40 to +80 degrees Celsius and that the plastic
enclosure (sold separately) would provide the IP 65 protection.
However, I am quite sceptical of the IP protection class judging from
the pictures... Could not find any mention of hw watchdog, but that
does not mean that it would be impossible to implement. The company is
based in Spain, so the ordering to Austria should not be a problem.

Regards,
Juha