Old 04-27-2010, 01:19 AM
"Dennis.Yxun"

Default can't emerge binary packges

HI Folks:
*** I have problem to merge binary packages into my cross env.
*** Let me make it clear, I've setup cross develop evironment in my Desktop,
say the path is /usr/armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi. And I find x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8-r1

will fail when do cross compile, so I compile it natively on my ARM board, it pass successfullly,
So I package it up, swith back to my cross environment,
using "emerge-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi -k cairo", strangly it refuse to merge the binary package

but try to compile it directly.
*** This problem not always happen, for some packages I compiled on my ARM board,
*do install successful on my cross env
*** Why?
*** Attached png, shows that green-colored packages will be compiled even there do exist binary packages.

Dennis Lan

Old 04-27-2010, 01:43 AM
"Dennis.Yxun"

*** I have problem to merge binary packages into my cross env.
*** Let me make it clear, I've setup cross develop evironment in my Desktop,
say the path is /usr/armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi. And I find x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8-r1

will fail when do cross compile, so I compile it natively on my ARM board, it pass successfullly,
So I package it up, swith back to my cross environment,
using "emerge-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi -k cairo", strangly it refuse to merge the binary package

but try to compile it directly.
*** This problem not always happen, for some packages I compiled on my ARM board,
*do install successful on my cross env
*** Why?
*** Attached png, shows that green-colored packages will be compiled even there do exist binary packages.

Dennis Lan

here is output from -K option, but tell doesn't tell me the reason

sabayon ~ # emerge-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi -tvaK1** =media-libs/tiff-3.9.2-r1

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=media-libs/tiff-3.9.2-r1" have been masked.

!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- media-libs/tiff-3.9.2-r1 (masked by: )

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook

Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 AM
"Dennis.Yxun"

[...]

oh, probably I should disable use check
previously I set --binpkg-respect-use=y