Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Embedded (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/)
-   -   baselayout-lite emerge failure (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/35063-baselayout-lite-emerge-failure.html)

"Phani Babu Giddi" 01-11-2008 07:02 PM

baselayout-lite emerge failure
 
Hi,
*
I am trying to emerge baselayout-lite using the following command
*
ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge embedded_rootfs baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild
*
It fails with the following message.
*

*** emerging by path is broken and may not always work!!!
Calculating dependencies -
*** You are emerging a masked package. It is MUCH better to use
*** /etc/portage/package.* to accomplish this. See portage(5) man
*** page for details.
>>> Waiting 10 seconds before starting...

>>> (Control-C to abort)...
Continuing... in: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1************************************************* ************************************************** ****************** |
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "
baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- sys-apps/baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1 (masked by: missing keyword)
For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Now based on the mailing list and man pages I try to fix it but nothing seem to work.
*
1. I checked that the package is not masked in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask
2. /etc/portage/package.keywords/ is a directory and not a file like everybody else is seeing.
3. The KEYWORDS in /usr/portage/sys-apps/baselayout-lite/baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild is ""
*
Please help me with this.
*
Regards,
Phani

Janusz Syrytczyk 01-11-2008 07:43 PM

baselayout-lite emerge failure
 
Friday 11 of January 2008 21:02:33 Phani Babu Giddi napisał(a):

Hi,

> ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge embedded_rootfs baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild

Hmm, you dont have to add second "embedded_rootfs". And why are you using
ebuild directly? I would type emerge --sync in my chroot and enjoy full blown
Portage tree (and just type emerge baselayout-lite from anywhere from a
system). Anyway, not important, maybe this is just the way you do.

> 2. /etc/portage/package.keywords/ is a directory and not a file like
> everybody else is seeing.

Yes, this can be like that - from gentoo forum:

"You can either create a file /etc/portage/packages.keywords and put all your
lines in there or you can create a directory /etc/portage/packages.keywords
and create files like /etc/portage/packages.keywords/gentoolkit
and /etc/portage/packages.keywords/gentoo-sources and put your lines into
these files."

> 3. The KEYWORDS in /usr/portage/sys-apps/baselayout-lite/baselayout-
> lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild is ""

Use Portage configuration files:

echo "sys-apps/baselayout-lite **" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

or if you got directory adjust it accordingly (I also prefer files).

Then your compilation should go fine.

For additional information, you can change KEYWORDS in an ebuild and recreate
ebuild digests using ebuild command, but this is rarely needed and you should
really know what you are doing.

--
Syrytczyk Janusz - Administrator serwer´┐Żentrum Informatyczne Uniwersytetu Opolskiego
Nr telefonu: +48 77 452-70-91
E-mail: jsyrytczyk@uni.opole.pl
--
gentoo-embedded@lists.gentoo.org mailing list

"Phani Babu Giddi" 01-11-2008 08:33 PM

baselayout-lite emerge failure
 
Hi Syrytczyk,
┬*
The second "embedded_rootfs" was a typo otherwise that was absent at the time of emerging. I will try the options that you told and see how it goes.
┬*
Regards,
Phani


On Jan 11, 2008 12:43 PM, Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@uni.opole.pl> wrote:

Friday 11 of January 2008 21:02:33 Phani Babu Giddi napisał(a):

Hi,


> ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge embedded_rootfs baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild

Hmm, you dont have to add second "embedded_rootfs". And why are you using
ebuild directly? I would type emerge --sync in my chroot and enjoy full blown

Portage tree (and just type emerge baselayout-lite from anywhere from a
system). Anyway, not important, maybe this is just the way you do.


> 2. /etc/portage/package.keywords/ is a directory and not a file like
> everybody else is seeing.

Yes, this can be like that - from gentoo forum:

"You can either create a file /etc/portage/packages.keywords and put all your

lines in there or you can create a directory /etc/portage/packages.keywords
and create files like /etc/portage/packages.keywords/gentoolkit
and /etc/portage/packages.keywords/gentoo-sources and put your lines into

these files."


> 3. The KEYWORDS in /usr/portage/sys-apps/baselayout-lite/baselayout-
> lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild is ""

Use Portage configuration files:

echo "sys-apps/baselayout-lite **" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords


or if you got directory adjust it accordingly (I also prefer files).

Then your compilation should go fine.

For additional information, you can change KEYWORDS in an ebuild and recreate
ebuild digests using ebuild command, but this is rarely needed and you should

really know what you are doing.

--
Syrytczyk Janusz - Administrator serwer├│w
Centrum Informatyczne Uniwersytetu Opolskiego
Nr telefonu: +48 77 452-70-91
E-mail:
jsyrytczyk@uni.opole.pl
--
gentoo-embedded@lists.gentoo.org mailing list

Ned Ludd 01-11-2008 09:18 PM

baselayout-lite emerge failure
 
baselayout-lite will probably be obsoleted very soon in favor of
baselayout-2 (aka openrc). A project developed with busybox,mdev etc in
mind. I highly suggest you explore that route vs -lite.



On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 12:02 -0800, Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to emerge baselayout-lite using the following command
>
> ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge embedded_rootfs
> baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild
>
> It fails with the following message.
>
>
> *** emerging by path is broken and may not always work!!!
> Calculating dependencies -
> *** You are emerging a masked package. It is MUCH better to use
> *** /etc/portage/package.* to accomplish this. See portage(5) man
> *** page for details.
> >>> Waiting 10 seconds before starting...
> >>> (Control-C to abort)...
> Continuing... in: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
> |
> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy " baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild"
> have been masked.
> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
> request:
> - sys-apps/baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1 (masked by: missing keyword)
> For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
> page or
> refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
>
> Now based on the mailing list and man pages I try to fix it but
> nothing seem to work.
>
> 1. I checked that the package is not masked
> in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask
> 2. /etc/portage/package.keywords/ is a directory and not a file like
> everybody else is seeing.
> 3. The KEYWORDS
> in /usr/portage/sys-apps/baselayout-lite/baselayout-lite-1.0_pre1.ebuild is ""
>
> Please help me with this.
>
> Regards,
> Phani

--
gentoo-embedded@lists.gentoo.org mailing list

Matthijs Kooijman 01-12-2008 08:32 AM

baselayout-lite emerge failure
 
Hey,


> baselayout-lite will probably be obsoleted very soon in favor of
> baselayout-2 (aka openrc). A project developed with busybox,mdev etc in
> mind. I highly suggest you explore that route vs -lite.
That's also what I did. I've attached my notes on what I did. In particular,
I've noted everything (I hope anyway) I did on the embedded rootfs. That
doesn't include emerging/compiling the packages in the development rootfs.
Also, I have only included end results, not experiments with different
versions of packages and patches etc.

I've also included my overlay directory. You'll have to unmask some of those
packages, because I generally used ~x86 versions for overlays. The contents of
the tgz should go into /usr/local/, and you should add a
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" to your make.conf.

Most of the patches in the overlays have already been reported to
bugs.gentoo.org or upstream.

Gr.

Matthijs
#
# Add ipv6 and alsa to the use flags
# Remove iconv from /usr/portage/profiles/uclibc/use.mask
emerge uclibc

# Make vim work
# Add app-editors/vim -minimal to /etc/portage/package.use
emerge vim
echo alias vim=vi >> /targetfull/root/.profile

ROOT=/targetfull emerge --ask --usepkgonly --nodeps baselayout
mkdir /targetfull/dev /targetfull/dev/shm /dev/targetfull/misc /targetfull/dev/pts /targetfull/sys /targetfull/proc
cd /targetfull/dev && MAKEDEV std ptmx console
# busybox' hwclock expects rtc to be in /dev/misc
cd /targetfull/dev/misc && MAKEDEV rtc
# Add some sound devices (minor values taken from /proc/asound/devices)
mkdir /targetfull/dev/snd
mknod /targetfull/dev/snd/controlC0 c 116 0
mknod /targetfull/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p c 116 16
mknod /targetfull/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c c 116 24
mknod /targetfull/dev/snd/timer c 116 33


ROOT=/targetfull emerge --ask --usepkgonly uclibc busybox

# Set our timezone
echo Europe/Amsterdam > /targetfull/etc/TZ

# Make busybox the default everything
mount -o bind /proc /targetfull/proc
chroot /targetfull /bin/busybox --install -s
umount /targetfull/proc

# Set a password and sane shell for root
chroot /targetfull passwd root
sed -i s/bash/sh/ /targetfull/etc/passwd

# Create dirs for rc / runscript to work
for i in coldplugged depconfig exclusive inactive scheduled starting
wasinactive daemons deptree failed options started stopping;
do mkdir /targetfull/lib/rc/init.d/$i; done

# Don't start unneeded and unavailable services
ROOT=/targetfull rc-config delete keymaps
ROOT=/targetfull rc-config delete consolefont

# Fixup inittab
TODO

# Install dropbear and start it by default
ROOT=/targetfull emerge --ask --usepkgonly dropbear rsync
ROOT=/targetfull rc-config add dropbear default

#echo -e "/dev/sda2 / ext2 defaults 0 0" > /targetfull/etc/fstab
echo -e "proc /proc proc defaults 0 0" >> /targetfull/etc/fstab
echo -e "sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0" >> /targetfull/etc/fstab
echo -e "tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0" >> /targetfull/etc/fstab

# Set up networking (The ln will work whatever the current working dir is)
ln -s net.lo /targetfull/etc/init.d/net.eth0
ROOT=/targetfull rc-config add net.eth0 default

# Ensure there is a script for udhcpc / busybox to call (this is normally done
# by the udhcp ebuild).
mkdir -p /targetfull/lib/rcscripts/sh
cp /usr/portage/net-misc/udhcp/files/udhcpc.sh /targetfull/lib/rcscripts/sh/
chmod a+x /targetfull/lib/rcscripts/sh/udhcpc.sh

# Create some stuff to make dropbear happy
mkdir /targetfull/var/log
touch /targetfull/var/log/lastlog
mkdir /targetfull/root

# Create a /boot to put the kernel (config) in.
mkdir /targefull/boot

# Create ssh keys for dropbear (useful if /targetfull is not the actual
# target device, to prevent the ssh keys from being regenerated every
# time).
mkdir /targetfull/etc/dropbear
chroot /targetfull /usr/bin/dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
chroot /targetfull /usr/bin/dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key

# Add to /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
# sys-devel/libtool-1.5.24
# app-admin/eselect-esd-1.0
# gnome-extra/gnome-audio-2.0.0
ROOT=/targetfull emerge --ask --usepkgonly pulseaudio
cp /usr/lib/libltdl.so.* /targetfull/usr/lib

# Let alsa and pulse start by default
ROOT=/targetfull rc-config add pulseaudio default
ROOT=/targetfull rc-config add alsasound default

# Add some groups needed for dbus and avahi
# Not sure why emerge doesn't do this...
egrep "(messagebus|avahi|netdev|pulse)" /etc/group >> /targetfull/etc/group
egrep "(messagebus|avahi|pulse)" /etc/passwd >> /targetfull/etc/passwd

# Make sound devices available for system-wide pulse daemon
chown -R pulse:pulse /targetfull/dev/snd/


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.