Old 03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Jan-Hendrik Göllner

Default arm-none-eabi-newlib toolchain

Did anyone suceed in:
crossdev -s3 --without-headers -t arm-none-eabi-newlib?

It always fails with binutils not understanding the target:
checking target system type... Invalid configuration `arm-none-eabi-newlib': machine `arm-none-eabi' not recognized"

I ended up building the toolchain manually following one of the
numerous walkthroughs on the net.
But in the long run I would rather like to use crossdev...

(binutils builds fine when configured with --target=arm-none-eabi --with-newlib).

jhg

Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Friday 12 March 2010 13:31:37 Jan-Hendrik Göllner wrote:
> Did anyone suceed in:
> crossdev -s3 --without-headers -t arm-none-eabi-newlib?
>
> It always fails with binutils not understanding the target:
> checking target system type... Invalid configuration
> `arm-none-eabi-newlib': machine `arm-none-eabi' not recognized"

if binutils doesnt understand it, then the target is invalid
-mike

Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Peter Stuge

Jan-Hendrik Göllner wrote:
> Did anyone suceed in:
> crossdev -s3 --without-headers -t arm-none-eabi-newlib?

Try -t arm-none-eabi ?

//Peter