Old 01-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default Strange epatch failures

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> I ran into this really strange epatch failure recently with an
> arm-softfloat-linux-gnu system. I originally cross-compiled/emerged the
> baselayout, libc, gcc, etc, and now I'm natively compiling / emerging
> other packages with qemu.
>
> The strange thing, is that for generally any ebuild that uses epatch,
> the patch fails.

please review the FAQ. you need to build bash natively first or the signals
are screwed up.
-mike

Old 01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2008, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> > I ran into this really strange epatch failure recently with an
> > arm-softfloat-linux-gnu system. I originally cross-compiled/emerged the
> > baselayout, libc, gcc, etc, and now I'm natively compiling / emerging
> > other packages with qemu.
> >
> > The strange thing, is that for generally any ebuild that uses epatch,
> > the patch fails.
>
> please review the FAQ. you need to build bash natively first or the
> signals are screwed up.

blah, someone on irc pointed out the faq doesnt contain this question. seems
this local edit of mine was lost when my hd bit it.

sorry about that, there should be a FAQ about this posted now.

i did try to fix the issue once, but ended up fjucking bash for everyone, so
it was commented out.
-mike

Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Christopher Friedt

I tried rebuilding bash natively, and still had the same error with
epatch & bash signals.

After checking out the ebuild, the following line helped guide me:

# Don't barf on handled signals in scripts
epatch "${FILESDIR}"/${PN}-3.0-trap-fg-signals.patch

I'll apply this patch doing a manual build and see how it goes.

~/Chris