Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Embedded (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/)
-   -   ZTE MF100 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/328088-zte-mf100.html)

Peter Stuge 02-18-2010 10:33 AM

ZTE MF100
 
Mirage ha wrote:
> I want to switch mode of ZTE MF100 from cd-rom storage to modem,but
> when i tried usb_modeswitch i got the following error :
>
> usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 15 (on)
> USB error: couldn't opendir(): No such file or directory

Hmm. Maybe the program requires usbfs to be mounted? That is usually
not done on newer Linux systems, and it is not strictly neccessary.

At least for Huawei modems the modeswitch command should be added
into the Linux kernel, so that there is no need to maintain the
separate utility.


> Am i missing some thing?.

I would suggest contributing a modeswitch patch to the Linux kernel.

Second best option would be to update the usb_modeswitch utility so
that it no longer requires usbfs to be mounted.


//Peter

Ed W 02-18-2010 03:25 PM

ZTE MF100
 
At least for Huawei modems the modeswitch command should be added
into the Linux kernel, so that there is no need to maintain the
separate utility.




I'm not sure that's a universally preferred option? What if you actually
wanted to access the memory card part of the device?


You would at least need some way to get the kernel to toggle the
hardware around? I would have thought that starts to look like a
userspace utility again...?


It would be nice for these devices to work more easily though..

Ed

Peter Stuge 02-18-2010 08:08 PM

ZTE MF100
 
Ed W wrote:
>> At least for Huawei modems the modeswitch command should be added
>> into the Linux kernel, so that there is no need to maintain the
>> separate utility.
>
> I'm not sure that's a universally preferred option? What if you
> actually wanted to access the memory card part of the device?

I believe the memory card reader is always separately available. The
issue is that at first, the device exposes only a CD-ROM with branded
software - stored internally in the modem separately from any memory
card.


> It would be nice for these devices to work more easily though..

Having the modeswitch in the kernel makes it work consistently and
reliably like a modem. I like that a lot.


//Peter

Mirage ha 02-23-2010 02:26 PM

ZTE MF100
 
On 2/18/10, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:

I would suggest contributing a modeswitch patch to the Linux kernel.

Second best option would be to update the usb_modeswitch utility so

that it no longer requires usbfs to be mounted.


//Peter


thaks for your reply ,i tried the second suggestion but i am facing a problem when cross merging usb_modeswith 1.1.0
it fails when merging tcl (*in linking step ) the error is:
multiple definition of 'fixstrtod'.
*
i do not know why*usb_modeswitch requires to merge tcl,is there any option to disable it?
or is there any patch to fix this error?
*
Thanks.

--
Never Think Hard About Past,It brings"Tears" Don't think more about future, It brings"Fears" Live this moment with a Smile, It brings"Cheers".

Mirage ha 02-25-2010 06:43 AM

ZTE MF100
 
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Mirage ha <superlight2008@gmail.com> wrote:




On 2/18/10, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:

I would suggest contributing a modeswitch patch to the Linux kernel.

Second best option would be to update the usb_modeswitch utility so


that it no longer requires usbfs to be mounted.


//Peter


thaks for your reply ,i tried the second suggestion but i am facing a problem when cross merging usb_modeswith 1.1.0
it fails when merging tcl (*in linking step ) the error is:
multiple definition of 'fixstrtod'.
*
i do not know why*usb_modeswitch requires to merge tcl,is there any option to disable it?
or is there any patch to fix this error?
*
Thanks.

*I tried* again with the old version and it is now working after i mounted usbfs.

Thanks Peter for your time.

--
Never Think Hard About Past,It brings"Tears" Don't think more about future, It brings"Fears" Live this moment with a Smile, It brings"Cheers".


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.